Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My cute little Dorothy

Spencer has discovered the movie "The Wizard of Oz". He loves musicals or at least any movie that has singing and dancing in it (the Wiggles is another one of his favorite). He has now pretty much memorized a part of every song sung in the movie. His favorite character of course is Dorothy. Getting ready for Halloween I discovered a Dorothy dress that my sister had given Madison a couple of years ago. Well, Spencer got sight of this dress and that was it. For the next couple of weeks he insisted on wearing the dress every day. I finally had to make the excuse that I am washing the dress and because it is dirty he is not able to wear it. I felt a need to break the cycle of Dorothy. It seems to be working as he is now imitating Scarecrow's dance moves and sings with him as he and Dorothy goes off to find the Wizard.