Monday, May 19, 2008

I need to soothe my conscience by writing about an unfortunate event that has left me with endless guilt. As some of you know a stomach bug hit our home last week. Spencer was the first to get it then Madison (who's illness took a turn in a different direction) and finally Jon (I'm still surprised that Megan and Skyler did not get it). I carpool with two other moms for school and this morning I received a phone call from both saying that their kids were sick. I feel awful! I had tried to not carpool with my sick kids and called on both moms to help out. Jon also took off time from work to pick up kids, but it seems it was not enough. I feel so bad and know that if the tables were turned I too would not be to happy. My deepest apologies!

7 comments:

Autumn said...

Those things spread like wild fire no matter what you do! Bonnie knows to stay away from me! I HATE the throw ups!! :) Don't feel too bad I'm sure the favor will be returned to you another day! Here's to hoping it avoids our house!

Bonnie said...

Tanya, no harm done!! Life will go on. Kids get sick and if we didn't get it from you we would have gotten it from someone else...I am more than happy to take over your week driving if it ever happens again:->

Olsen's said...

I am willing to, too! No harm done, and don't feel bad!!! It happens, just let us help you out! I know I offered, and please don't feel like you are dumping it on someone else! It's totally cool! Oh, also, JD and I found one of those huger 15 passenger vans for only $3,000! That's a great deal. Know anyone who wants to go in on it to start a HUGE carpool???

Aubri n Scott said...

Tanya,
You can't control things like this! You are so sweet for feeling bad but really, they would have gotten it somewhere else if not from you? Right?!

Jodi Jo said...

It happens to the best of us. We can't lock our entire family in the house just because one is sick. At least all of you didn't get it!

Amy Jones said...

You're a sweetheart Tanya...don't let the guilt eat you up...we all do it, right?

Chelsea said...

What can you do? Tanya, everyone knows that you of all people will do what ever you can to prevent things like that. Things like that are hard to prevent.